Question

Updox Desktop Version being discontinued

• 12 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • Community Manager
  • 26 replies

On March 19, 2021, the Updox Desktop version will be removed and users will need to log onto the Web version of Updox, which can be accessed through an internet browser at ui.myupdox.com.

We’re excited about this because the web version can be accessed from any device (desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone), from anywhere with an internet connection. It also includes all our new features, including telehealth and print-to-fax.

Want to learn more? We’re hosting a webinar training session on Wednesday, March 17, from 3 to 4 p.m. ET. Register here. If you can’t attend at that time, register and we’ll send the recording for you to view at your convenience.

To make the switch, login through the Web by going to ui.myupdox.com. Chrome is the preferred browser.

If you have any questions, please visit updox.com/support and use the blue chat icon to talk to a Support Agent between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET or complete the form on that page for a quick response.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Good information - Thanks Ash !

Our users can still access Updox faxes by using the desktop version.  If users keep using the Desktop version inadvertently, are there any detrimental side effects?  Should I go to each PC and remove links to the desktop version?  I opened a ticket with Updox but I don’t know how to access the ticket so Support may have answered my question. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Ken - I would disable the old links and update to the new.  I don’t know about adverse affects.  Support will email you when they answer your question.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, @kensmith38 

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, Rod is correct! We will begin removing code for our Desktop version very soon and you will no longer be able to sign in. We recommend web app 100%.

Meg