We are committed and excited to partner with our community to develop a better product. This category is the best place for you to share your ideas and discuss them with other community members and the Updox team. We review all ideas to see if there is a demand or to further investigate them. We will also want to understand your use cases and needs to help us decide whether we want to pursue an idea.
Before you submit an idea
We hope you have checked if someone already submitted an idea like yours. We sometimes see duplicates here - better to spend your time searching instead of writing out an idea that already exists.
Describe your idea with as much detail as possible
Sometimes a screenshot can say more than a million words. The richer your description, the more likely we and others will immediately know what you mean (and the higher the chances someone will vote for your idea).
One idea at a time
Please do not submit multiple ideas in one topic. Otherwise, it becomes messy and nobody knows which feature people who voted actually want to be implemented. Submitting ideas is free, so don't hold back to submit multiple ideas.
What is the process we use to evaluate ideas?
When you submit a new idea, it will have the New status. Each month our team will review the ideas, and possibly ask you some more questions to make sure we understand the idea. After the first review, we will change the status of the idea to reflect our plans with it, then reevaluate all open ideas each month.
An idea will get one of the following states:
- Open - The idea has been reviewed and is open for discussion and voting. This means that we think the idea is interesting, but we are not ready yet to commit it to our product roadmap. This means that we want to wait for more feedback/votes, it can also mean that this idea does not fit our product strategy at the moment, but is something we might look at later.
- Under construction - The idea is actively being worked on by the product engineering team.
- Delivered - The idea has been implemented and is available.
- Delivered (Partially) - Some aspects of the idea has been implemented and are available.
- Closed (Parked) - We reviewed the idea and we know we won’t build it any time soon. This could be because the complexity of the idea, the value it might return, or the fact that the idea is not aligned with our product strategy.
- Closed (Duplicate) - Idea is duplicate we will merge the topics.
- Closed (Never) - We will never work on this idea, as it isn’t part of our core business/product vision.
- Closed - We reviewed the idea and we feel it is not an idea. We will comment and either close or move the topic.
What happens when we pick up something (status: under construction)?
This means that we have started working on this idea and you should expect an update in the upcoming weeks. We will share dedicated updates in the topic.
What happens when we park something (status: parked)?
When an idea receives this status, it can have several reasons (which we will communicate):
- This is not a good fit with our product vision: we need to focus a certain amount of time on our vision, this makes sure we can make bigger, significant improvements in many fields at the same time.
- Technical limitations: an improvement might have technical dependencies we need to resolve before we can pick it up (e.g. performance).
- Return on investment: We get a lot of very good suggestions here. Unfortunately sometimes, the time which needs to be invested to realize an idea might be too high compared to the actual gain, or it is simply that we could implement other, more meaningful/requested improvements at the same time.
We hope that you are not demotivated when one of your ideas receives this status. We probably even liked your idea as well! And who knows, it could very well be that the reason for refusal might be reverted in the future!?